By taking charge of the vehicle, the Renter is nominated its keeper, and declares specifically to know and accept in totality all the present clauses and conditions of the contract. The Renter understands he has no real claim to the rented vehicle or the provided accessories and that he cannot dispose of them in any way. By accepting this contract, the Renter declares to be of the right age and to have the appropriate driving license to drive the vehicle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. Documents required for rental
Current driving license valid in Philippines, ID card and passport. The renters original passport and driving license will be photocopied and returned immediately.
3. Obligations of the Renter
The Renter agrees:
- To drive the motor vehicle wearing the approved helmet, to use the vehicle, together with the equipment provided, with the best care and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- To use the vehicle with care and prudence, to not subject it to high speed or excessive strain and to not use it in contests or competitions. The Renter is entirely responsible for any damage suffered by the motor vehicle through negligence or willful neglect (falls, accidents, dents).
- To take full responsibility of direct payment of any fines, tolls or parking fees accumulated during the rental period.
- To indemnify the Owner from any and all claims and/or requests made by third parties for damages suffered by them and/or suffered by their property in any way related to this rental.
- To return the vehicle in good order and in the same condition as at the beginning of the rental period. Any damage to the motorcycle will be noted at the time of return and the cost of repair due from the Renter will be calculated by our partner “Wrenleys Motor Plaza” in Carlos P. Garcia E Ave, Tagbilaran City, Bohol.
- To recognize that he/she has no real right over the rented vehicle or the accessories supplied and is therefore unable to dispose of them any way.
- To fully indemnify the Owner from any and all financial claims made by third parties for any damage suffered directly or indirectly by the Renter.
- Not to hand the bike over for use by anyone else, under any circumstances, without the consent of the Owner.
- The Owner reserves the right to repossess the vehicle at any place and time, in the event of a breach of the provisions of this Article.
4. Commitments of the renter
The Renter agrees never to drive or operate the vehicle:
- Under the influence of drugs, narcotics, alcohol or intoxicants, or any other substance which may limit his/her judgment or ability to react.
- In the context of a race, speed test or on a race track.
- For any illegal purpose.
5. The owner’s limitation of liability
The Owner shall not be held liable to the Renter of the motorcycle or to any passengers, for damages of any kind, including economic damages, which the aforementioned may suffer due to any accident or operational defect of the vehicle. Likewise the Owner cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred as a result of theft, riots, force majeure or unforeseeable events. In order to reduce any risk of operational defect, “Bohol Bikes” always checks the technical functionality of all safety related components before every lease period.
6. Limitation of liability
In no event shall “Bohol Bikes”, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. “Bohol Bikes”, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
7. Reservations and Cancellation
The booking of vehicles may be made online via www.boholbikes.com. Reservations can be made only via direct contact of the “Bohol Bikes” store in Panglao. In the event of cancellation by the Renter before 10 days of the rental period, the Owner will return the money received. Bookings which are cancelled less than 10 days before the rental period will be charged with 20% of the total amount.
8. Delivery and return
Upon handover of the vehicle the Renter is required to check the condition of the rented vehicle and must make any comments about the state of the bodywork or the mechanics in writing. The vehicle must be returned into the hands of an employee of “Bohol Bikes”. The vehicle must be returned with all the accessories, keys and documents present on handover by the Owner and with full tank of fuel. Otherwise, the Renter agrees to pay a penalty (see Article 14). In the event of early termination of the rental period by choice of the Renter, or at least not out of necessity, nor by fault or request of the Owner nor due to technical failure of the vehicle not attributable to the Renter, the Renter will not be able to obtain reimbursement of the fee for the remaining period of non-use of the vehicle.
The daily rental rate is calculated on a 24-hour basis. Upon reservation, the renter is required to pay a deposit of 20% of the total rental cost. In case of reservation or online booking, a handover of the motorbike is only possible after the full amount of the rental period is paid. If the time of handover of the motorcycle to “Bohol Bikes” is exceeded by at least one hour, the renter is required to pay an amount of 50 PHP for every started hour.
At the moment of hire, the holder of the rental agreement will be required to give his ID by way of security for the rented motorcycle.
11. Insurance cover
Insurance – All vehicles are covered by liability insurance in accordance with existing laws that cover body injuries caused to third parties, except the Renter. The validity of the insurance cover provided by “Bohol Bikes”is subject to the Renter’s compliance to all the stated requirements. The insurance policy has a limit of ₱100’000, which the Renter must be aware of. After this maximum the insurance company will not pay any body injuries caused by the Renter. Therefore the responsibility will fall in full to the Renter.
The Renter is not covered by insurance in the following cases:
1 – For damage to the rental vehicle caused by an accident in which the Renter is responsible.
2 – When the vehicle is used for illegal purposes, for speed racing or any kind of contest.
3 – When the hired vehicle is driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4 – For damages caused intentionally or by failure to observe the road safety regulations, or by negligence on the part of the Renter.
5 – For damages of civil liability and property damage to third parties and anything beyond the policy limits.
6 – For damages caused by theft and fire. The Renter is responsible in the case of fire and theft of the vehicle. “Bohol Bikes” may, at its sole discretion, refuse to grant a replacement vehicle in the case of theft, fire or serious accident to the rental vehicle, regardless of the reasons which led to the event.
If an accident should occur, the Renter agrees to:
1 – notify the Owner immediately.
2 – follow the instructions provided by the Owner with regard to custody and/or repair of the vehicle. The Renter also agrees to compensate the Owner for any damages caused to the vehicle, to its parts or accessories, and to pay all administrative costs related to the accident.
13. Technical failure
In the event of technical failure of the rented vehicle not attributable to the Renter, and which precludes the possibility of using the vehicle, the Owner will, if possible, replace the vehicle but not necessarily with the same model. If this is not possible, the Owner will reimburse the Renter for the rental period paid but not used (compensation for further damages is conventionally excluded). All tire punctures must be repaired at the expense of the Renter. In the case of abandonment of the vehicle without authorization, the Renter will be obliged to pay all direct and indirect expenses necessary to recover the vehicle, plus a fine of ₱5’000 (five thousand Philippine peso).
14. Seizure of the vehicle
In the case of seizure/confiscation of the motorcycle by the judicial authorities for reasons attributable to the Renter, “Bohol Bikes” will charge the Renter the daily rental calculated by this contract, until the vehicle is released.
- Loss and/or damage and/or theft of keys – from ₱3’000
- Loss and/or damage and/or theft of license plate – ₱5’000
- Abandonment of vehicle – ₱5’000